Cherry tomatoes coming out of your ears? Me, too. Isn’t it awesome 🙂 I’ve pulled together a few of our cherry tomato greatest hits and would love to hear about yours in the comments section!
1. Quickly roast them. And then toss them with pasta, leftover chicken, and artichokes…
2. Slow-roast them. Low heat, a couple of hours, and then try to stop yourself from eating the entire pan before tossing into pasta or on sandwiches and pizza.
3. Quarter cherry tomatoes, toss with chopped red onion, the hottest jalapenos you can find, cilantro, salt, and a little lime juice. And then scoop that with chips, over tacos…
…Or on a fancy hamburger
4. Grilled. Toss with olive oil and throw them over open flame. And then throw them over a steak.
5. Give them a quick rinse, a pat try, and then sit on the couch with a bowl in your lap. It’s more respectable than a bag of Funyons.
I’m curling up with some cherry tomatoes from now on instead of a jar of nutella. You are thus now forgiven for yesterday’s anti-skinny jeans debacle. 😛
This is great! Because yes, I do have cherry tomatoes coming out of my ears right now. But yeah, it is awesome!
I mix them with grape tomatoes and slow roast with balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, fresh rosemary and thyme and they disappear quickly.
LOVE the idea of using balsamic & rosemary, will have to try with next week’s haul.
Ok, my mouth literally started watering when I saw that first picture with the pasta and artichokes. I love artichokes! Please tell me you have a recipe for that one, I want to make it now! Haha!
I love all the ideas. I am going to try the penne & mozzarella dish. I just had lunch, but after reading your post and all the pretty photos, I am hungry again : )
Great ideas! I have a couple of pints in my fridge…definitely trying some of your ideas. Awesome pics, btw!!! 🙂
I’m so glad that as I grew up, tomatoes became my friend instead of my enemy! These look delicious!! Perfect post to remedy the tomato plant that’s going crazy prolific on our patio. 🙂
all good ideas
I too have an over abundance of cherry tomatoes, I cut them in half and add them to pasta with chopped cucumber, chopped green onion, chopped bell peppers, fresh rosemary, and italian dressing. My husbands favorite!
Thanks for all the great ideas. Everything looks so yummy.