How are you spending New Year’s Eve?
We typically celebrate with our closest couple friends, a big spread of appetizers, and good wine. What more could a person ask for? And because you can’t take the country out of the girl, we’ll probably light a bunch of *^%# on fire. Outside the city limits, of course. Because no adult wants to start their 2014 with a firework citation shaming.
And in keeping with tradition, I’ll promptly swear off booze and carbs on New Year’s Day.
But until then? Carbs.
One of my contributions to the big New Year’s Eve munchies buffet is Loaded Hasselback Potato Bites – a one-bite (two if you’re on a first date… no… still just one 😉 ) miniature of the full-sized version.
And they couldn’t be any easier to make. Hasselback half a bag of tiny yukon potatoes. Bake. Slather in Private Selection Roasted Garlic & Herb butter. Sprinkle with your favorite baked potato toppings.
Try to resist the sweet siren song of the leftover buttery bites calling from the kitchen.
There’ll be plenty of time to shun carbs later.
Loaded Hasselback Potato Bites
Miniature hasselback potatoes loaded with your favorite baked potato toppings.
- 1 lb tiny yukon potatoes
- Olive oil
- Roasted Garlic & Herb Butter
- Light sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon
- Sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Using a paring knife, make several cuts about 2/3 of the way through each potato and place the potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for ~20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Slather with copious amounts of Roasted Garlic & Herb Butter.
- Let cool 10 minutes and then top with your favorite loaded baked potato toppings.
- Serve warm or room temp.
Yields: Servings vary
Estimated time: 35 minutes