That bad boy is the make-at-home version of Kerbey Lane’s “Boss” burger. It’s one of those things I’d happily just let Kerbey Lane make for me… but in 4 years of asking on Twitter, they have still yet to open a Houston location.
And Austin is just too far to drive for lunch.
Now that it’s warm again (I wasn’t so sure we’d ever see the day), we’ve put Fancy Burger Night back on the weekly menu. The first Fancy Burger Night of 2014 was celebrated with The Boss: a cheeseburger with bacon, a fried egg, verde sauce, and, at home – pico de gallo.
The Boss Burger
A cheeseburger topped with crispy bacon, a fried egg, tangy verde sauce, and fresh pico de gallo.
- 1 lb ground beef
- Worcestershire sauce
- 3 slices of cheese
- 3 burger buns
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked to a crisp
- Your favorite verde (green) sauce or canned green chiles
- 3 eggs, fried
- Pico de gallo
- Heat your grill to high.
- Season ground beef with salt, pepper, and a few dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- Form into 3 patties and cook to desired doneness.
- In the last minute of cooking, top each burger with a slice of cheese.
- Place on a bun topped with bacon, an egg, a generous scoop of verde sauce, and a big scoop of pico de gallo.
- Grab a knife and a fork.
Yields: 3 servings
Estimated time: 20 minutes