When I look at The Four Year Old and tell her that we’re having salmon for dinner, she gets this hopeful look on her face and asks: Cooked salmon?
The disappointment is instantaneous when I tell her yes, I will in fact be cooking the salmon first. I was 22 when I had sushi for the first time. Landry? Wielding chopsticks since around 2.
When April’s HEB Primo Picks arrived, I made a beeline for the Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade, a flavorful sauce studded with chunks of red peppers. I knew exactly what I was going to do with it: pour it into a small ramekin, top with a some goat cheese rounds, pop it into the oven until it was bubbly perfection, and call it mine.
(Disclosure: I also made a beeline for the Multigrain Smoked Gouda Chips. Total domination. Those guys didn’t stand a smokey, crunchy chance against me and that bowl of Strawberry Salsa.)
Instead, I opted to share. A cold slab of salmon and crumbly, tangy goat cheese were calling. A 7-minute trip through the broiler was all it took to transform 3 ingredients into a fabulous main dish.
It’s hard for even The Four Year Old to be disappointed in dinner when it’s that delicious.
As for the giveaway, HEB has set aside a collection of their Primo Picks to be delivered to a lucky reader. And I have set aside a $50 gift card (HEB or Amazon, your choice!) to be delivered to that same lucky reader.
The winner is… Heather with comment #88. Thanks for playing!
To enter the giveaway, answer this question in the comments below: What is your favorite way to prepare salmon? My 4-year-old will answer: sushi.
My husband will answer: sushi.
I will answer: do I really just have to choose one? You can earn up to 4 extra entries by:
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow us on Facebook.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow HEB on Facebook.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow the blog’s Instagram feed.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow HEB on Pinterest.
(Bonus entries must be left as separate comments to count as extra entries – your comment number is your “raffle ticket.”)
The fine print:
– Maximum of four (5) entries per person.
– Giveaway ends at midnight (Texas time, y’all) on Friday, May 2nd.
– Winner will be selected by one of those cold, soulless, unfeeling random number generator thingies and announced on this post.
– Winners will receive a selection of HEB Primo Picks from HEB.
– Winner will receive their choice of a $50 HEB Gift Card or a $50 Amazon e-Card (maximum retail value of prize = $50).
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited.
– Winning “extra entry” comments subject to verification.
– Prize can only be shipped to a US address.
– Official giveaway rules can be found here.
Salmon With Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade & Goat Cheese
Broiled salmon topped with red pepper tapenade and tangy goat cheese - dinner is on the table in 15 minutes.
- 4 6-oz salmon filets
- Olive oil
- HEB Red Pepper Tapenade
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat broiler and line a pan with foil.
- Lightly spray/drizzle olive oil onto the foil.
- Place the salmon filets on the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray/drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil for 5-6 minutes.
- Top each filet with a generous spoonful of tapenade and some goat cheese.
- Return to broiler for 1-2 minutes, until cheese begins to brown.
Yields: 4 servings
Estimated time: 15 minutes
This recipe was developed in conjunction with H-E-B and I was provided ingredients as well as compensated for my time. Messy fingers, stretchy-waisted pants, and baby-Elmo-clogged-toilets are all mine. You can find H-E-B on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. And if you’re as lucky as we are, 3 locations within a 5 mile radius.