This dish from So Tasty So Yummy is one of our new favorite discoveries. It has all the goodies: chicken, bacon, pasta, artichokes, lemon, and just a little cream. It’s hearty enough to be a one-bowl meal… but you’re gonna make a veggie or side salad because it is still January
I made it right before heading down to Food Blog Camp and even with all the fantastic food we sampled in Mexico, it will be one of the first things that we make for dinner… After someone eventually makes it out to the grocery store (it’s “Minnesota cold” outside!). We learned some pasta styling tips from Adam Pearson and I can’t think of a tastier recipe on which to try out the new techniques.
This is one of those dishes that make me wish that I had an “artichoke” and “caper” tag over there —>.
Two ingredients we love, but two ingredients we never seem to keep on hand. Even Landry seriously digs capers – she picked out the chicken and capers first before cleaning off the rest of her tray. She fits in well around here. I think both she and the recipe can stay
Artichoke Lemon & Chicken Pasta
Chicken, bacon, artichokes, and capers turn an ordinary chicken & pasta dish into a one bowl meal.
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved and pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon to a crisp in a large pot over medium heat and remove, setting aside, leaving the rendered fat behind.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow plate.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry until cooked through and golden brown, ~5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and let rest.
- Add the artichokes, capers, and wine to the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and cooking for ~2 minutes.
- Add broth and lemon juice, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and the butter to the pan, stirring until the butter has melted and incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch slices and add to the caper-artichoke sauce.
- Add the bacon, pasta, and then gently toss the mixture. Serve immediately.
Yields: 4 servings
Estimated time: 45 minutes
If you’re a fellow artichoke and caper lover, you also might like these recipes!
Artichoke Pesto (why didn’t I think to put capers in this!)
Easy Artichoke Chicken
Halibut Piccata with Baby Artichokes
Pasta Shells with Italian Tuna & Artichokes