I’m more excited about this week of “Christmas in July” than any other week because if it weren’t for that shiny guy right up there, we might still be drinking bottled margarita mix. It is probably the second-most used appliance in our kitchen, behind the dishwasher. I say “probably,” but there’s really no doubt. And there’s also no doubt that it’s my favorite appliance. And the best money I’ve ever spent, outside of the fees for the anesthesiologist and epidural
Before we bought that citrus juicer, making margaritas using fresh limes was such a hassle. I remember the first time we tried to juice 30 limes. We had to split it up over 2 nights. But now? It’s easy. Super easy. Far too easy.
We love our juicer/electric reamer/citrus press-a-majig. It juices all citrus, from little bitty key limes to ginormous Texas grapefruit. It juices blood oranges without leaving splatter stains on your shirt or hands. And because it gets every single drop of juice out of every single lemon, I use it even if I only need to juice half a lemon for a recipe.
When lemon and limes go on crazy sale (or when blood oranges are in season), I buy a ton of them to juice and freeze in ice cube trays. Then ensures that I never find myself without 2 Tbsp of lime juice when I need it. And it also ensures I can have a blood orange margarita whenever I want
To enter, simply leave a comment below and tell us: What’s your favorite citrusy dish or beverage?
Updated: The winner is Melissa with lucky comment #416! Instructions on how to claim your prize were sent to the email address that you left with your comment.
The fine print:
– One comment per person.
– You can earn two extra entries by:
– Leaving a separate comment that you follow us on Twitter.
– Leaving a separate comment that you like us on Facebook.
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (Texas time!) on Friday.
– One winner will be selected by one of those cold, soulless, unfeeling random number generator thingies and announced on this post on Saturday.
– If prize isn’t claimed within 7 days, a second winner will be selected.
– Due to freight limitations, the prize can only be shipped within North America.