On the 2nd day of Christmas, there were vanilla beans!
I go through lots of vanilla beans each year. I make homemade vanilla extract for myself and our Christmas gift baskets. And I love to add the scrapings of a vanilla pod to every non-chocolate dessert that calls for vanilla extract. Everything tastes better when it’s studded with those pretty little flecks of vanilla bean
To enter the giveaway, answer this question in the comments below: What would you do with a half pound of vanilla beans?
Update: The winner is Michele with comment #136!
The fine print:
– Maximum of three comments per person. You can earn two extra entries by:
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow us on Twitter.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you like us on Facebook.
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (Texas time!) tonight.
– Winner will be selected by one of those cold, soulless, unfeeling random number generator thingies and announced on this post tomorrow.
– Winners will receive 1/2 lb of vanilla beans (maximum retail value of prize = $27).
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
– Prize can only be shipped to a US address.
– Official giveaway rules can be found here.