On the 2nd day of Christmas, there were vanilla beans!
I go through lots of vanilla beans each year. I make homemade vanilla extract for myself and our Christmas gift baskets. And I love to add the scrapings of a vanilla pod to every non-chocolate dessert that calls for vanilla extract. Everything tastes better when it’s studded with those pretty little flecks of vanilla bean 🙂
To enter the giveaway, answer this question in the comments below: What would you do with a half pound of vanilla beans?
Update: The winner is Michele with comment #136!
The fine print:
– Maximum of three comments per person. You can earn two extra entries by:
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow us on Twitter.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you like us on Facebook.
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (Texas time!) tonight.
– Winner will be selected by one of those cold, soulless, unfeeling random number generator thingies and announced on this post tomorrow.
– Winners will receive 1/2 lb of vanilla beans (maximum retail value of prize = $27).
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
– Prize can only be shipped to a US address.
– Official giveaway rules can be found here.