For my week to host Project Pastry Queen, I picked the lightest recipe in the entire cookbook: Prosciutto Tostadas with Shrimp and Parsley.
A crisped flour tortilla is topped with prosciutto, mixed greens, roasted red bell pepper strips, and a garlicky and lemony shrimp mixture. It’s an easy recipe that comes together very quickly. And it’s one of those perfect light Sunday lunches to help you recover from an overindulgent Saturday dinner. You know the kind, where everything – including the plate – seemed to be battered and fried.
Prosciutto Tostadas with Shrimp
A quick and easy light lunch. Just add a glass of white wine!
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 flour tortillas
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 roasted bell pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan.
- Add green onions and garlic, cooking 1-2 minutes, until the shrimp is opaque.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, vinegar, and parsley.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet very lightly sprayed/brushed with oil (just to prevent sticking).
- Cook 6-8 minutes, until toasted and crunchy.
- Assemble the tostadas: Place a tortilla on each of 4 plates, top with 2 slices of prosciutto, 1/2 cup salad greens, and a generous scoop of the shrimp mixture.
- Arrange bell pepper over top and serve immediately.
Yields: 4 servings
Estimated time: 20 minutes