A couple of weekends ago, we were crouched over a “Boss” burger and a bowl of Kerbey Queso when the server dropped off a frosty carafe full of a perfect pink drink at the table next to us.
I contained my squeal but my “OHMYGODINEEDTHATRIGHTNOW” face was met with a silent, disapproving head-shake.
After like 10 years, we now mostly communicate with a series of eyebrow movements, squinty faces, and throat clicks.
One of us had a big mountain bike race the next day and had no interest in consuming anything that wasn’t water. Or a gigantic bowl of queso. And that meant the other would be responsible for drinking an entire carafe of grapefruit mimosa. (A challenge that one of us would have nooooo problem attacking.)
But one of us decided to be an adult about things. And then that one of us changed her mind and crushed an entire carafe of Grapefruit Mimosas on a school night. Because one of us probably will never grow up. And one of us is okay with that.
They’re delicious and dangerous. So pretty much everything you
want need deserve in a drink that’s acceptable to pound before noon.
Pretty pink mimosas made with prosecco and Texas grapefruit.
- 1 750ml bottle of Prosecco, chilled
- 3-3.5 cups of fresh grapefruit juice (~4 very large), chilled
- Sweetener or simple syrup (optional)
- Add the chilled Prosecco and grapefruit juice in a large pitcher (one that can handle 8 cups of liquid + a couple inches of Prosecco foam).
- Gently stir in your favorite sweetener to-taste, if desired (I added a couple of drops of liquid stevia per glass).
Yields: ~6 servings
Estimated time: 10 minutes