I have been on a major grilled pineapple kick lately. Like, mayjah.
The other two people in this house are not so… passionate about grilled pineapple. There have been eyerolls and little remarks and sighs.
Nor are they passionate about taking the contents of 5 leftover bowls from the fridge and making… that.
But those other two people in this house didn’t complain one bit about dinner last night.
The Internet’s favorite queso serves as the cheesy nacho base, which I then topped with leftover chicken tossed with barbecue sauce, grilled pineapple, thinly sliced red onion, weapons-grade-hot chopped jalapeno (but only on half – Thank, God!) and cilantro.
OF COURSE THEY DIDN’T COMPLAIN.
BBQ Chicken & Grilled Pineapple Nachos
Cheesy nachos topped with barbecue chicken, grilled pineapple, and red onion.
- 14 oz bag of tortilla chips
- 1 recipe Chile con Queso
- ~2 cups of shredded chicken (from about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 grilled pineapple rings, diced*
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Chopped fresh jalapeno
- Large handful of cilantro, chopped
- *Slice fresh pinepple 1/2-inch thick, remove core, and grill over med-high for ~5 minutes a side, until charred.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spread the tortilla chips on a large baking pan.
- Toss the shredded chicken with barbecue sauce in a small bowl.
- Top the chips with queso, barbecue chicken, sliced red onion, and diced pineapple.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Top with jalapeno and cilantro, serve hot.
Yields: 8 servings
Estimated time: 30 minutes