Prosciutto-Wrapped Tilapia is one of the most convenient dinners in our rotation. It’s one of our favorite ways to eat fish. It’s perfect for any weeknight because with just a few minutes of prep time and less than 10 minutes in the oven, dinner is on the table.
In the time it takes to cook the tilapia (or halibut, whatever you have on hand), you can whip up a quick sauce (our favorites are a classic beurre blanc or a fruit salsa) and a chopped salad to round out the meal. And bonus, it’s a really inexpensive meal – 2 fish filets, 2-4 slices of prosciutto, and a simple side chopped salad.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Tiliapia with Blood Orange Salsa
Tilapia is wrapped with prosciutto and topped with a blood orange and avocado salsa.
- For the fish:
- 4 filets of tilapia
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- For the salsa:
- 1 blood orange
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced and chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Place a rack inside a baking sheet and lightly oil the grates.
- Season each filet with salt and pepper. Wrap each tilapia filet with 1-2 slices of prosciutto and place on the rack.
- Brush the prosciutto with 2 Tbsp olive oil and broil for 6-8 minutes, until the center of the fish is cooked through and the prosciutto has crisped.
- Take the zest of one blood orange and place it in a bowl.
- Set a strainer over the bowl and peel and segment the orange. Squeeze the juice from the leftover membranes into the bowl.
- Cut the segments into chunks and add to the bowl.
- Add the red onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and avocado, and lightly toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the fish with the salsa and serve.
Yields: 4 servings
Estimated time: 20 minutes
This look so simple and delicious! We eat a lot of tilapia and I’m always looking for new recipes. Maybe we’ll give this one a try tonight 🙂
Looks delicious! I still haven’t gotten around to trying blood oranges, but I am definitely inspired to do so now.
I love Tilapia! I will be marking this recipe to try in the very near future!
WOW I love the idea of wrapping tilapia w. prosciutto!! Ive done it with chicken many times, why not fish?! great idea!! 😀
Just last weekend my husband said that we should start eating more fish. We both like tilapia and love, love, love prosciutto. Plus, I have about 4 blood oranges. Sounds good to me!! I also have some fresh peas and I think the fish would be good wrapped in proscuitto served with blanched fresh peas too.
I am always looking for more ways to make tilapia – I love these two options!
This is completely unlike anything I’ve seen before – I’ll be sure to try it.
I just saw blood oranges at the store the other day but passed them by because I didn’t know what to do with them. This is perfect!
Prosciutto wrapped tiliapia sounds really tasty!
This sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
ha ha, we (meaning me) do a lot of his & her cooking in this house.
I ran across this recipe recently and made something similar for dinner last night. It was so delicious! Thank you so much for sharing!
I came upon this first class recipe a little while ago, subsequently went yesterday to fetch the ingredients and then fixed it for evening meal, simply tasty.
This looks like such a delicious, fresh recipe! I love how you have all of your winter citrus recipes together!! I’ve got an abundance of lemons, limes and oranges, so this is a great source!!
Thank you 🙂
I just said to my husband: we gotta start eating more fish! Look like I found a winner with this one!!