How do you get a pea hater to give the little green beans another shot? Add bacon. Italian bacon. And a little cheese never hurts, either. Because guacamole shouldn’t be the only green food that a person eats.
Peas with Pancetta and Parmesan
Peas with parmesan and crispy pancetta.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 rounds of Pancetta, deli sliced #2, diced
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12oz bag of frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over high heat.
- Cook pancetta until crispy, and then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add onion to saucepan and cook until clear and just browning around the edges.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minutes.
- Add peas to pan and heat through.
- Add pancetta, stir, and remove from heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Top with Parmesan and serve.
Yields: 4-6 servings
Estimated time: 10 minutes
I love peas! That is a healthy and very delicious dish!
Hilarious! Cheese and bacon are always a winning combination in our house too : )
Yum! I, for one, love green peas! But I have to agree that it doesn’t quite beat guacamole. 🙂
My husband always jokes about me putting parm on EVERYTHING! But, I’ve never put it on peas…hmmmm…I think I know what one of my sides will be this week.
Ah yes. My motto – when in doubt, add bacon. these look so yummy!
I adore peas and this looks like a brilliant way to have them.
Simple and delicious. I make peas similar to this but without ppnacette. I will add it next time.
Great recipe. Love the bacon/parm/pea combo. So true about Bacon everything is better with bacon!!
The frosting on the cupcakes is so pretty. How did you pipe it on? Did you use a special tip?