Most of the time, I feel like there is not only a finite number of ways to prepare boneless skinless chicken breasts, but I also feel like we’ve eaten them all in the last month. And yet every trip to the grocery store, I always pick up another pack of chicken breasts. And if they’re on super sale, I pick up 5 packs and shove them in the freezer.
And since I insist on making things harder than they should be, I never think to stuff them. I was digging around through some older – and hideously photographed – recipes from my early blogging days and stumbled across a stuffed chicken breast. One slit with pairing knife and you have a pocket to hold anything and everything. Too much sundried tomato jam to justify eating with a spoon? Only 5 olives left in the jar? No worries.
And one day when I have loads of extra time, I’m going to remake every dish from the first few months of this blog and take a better picture 🙂
Chicken Stuffed with Sundried Tomatoes, Olives, and Goat Cheese
A quick and easy way to serve chicken breasts: cut them open and stuff them with anything. And everything!
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped Kalamata olives (5-7 large olives)
- 1/4 cup sundried tomato jam or rough-chopped sundried tomatoes, (drained if packed in oil)
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray an oven-safe saute pan with olive oil or cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Using a pairing knife, cut a pocket in each chicken breast, cutting as close as possible to the edges but taking care not to puncture all the way through (important if you're putting a melty cheese like mozzarella inside).
- Spread 1 Tbsp goat cheese in the pocket and then spoon in half of the olives and tomato jam. Repeat for the second chicken breast.
- Season the tops with salt and pepper. Place top down in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, until nicely seared.
- Flip chicken, remove from heat, and pop into the oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking through.
- Top with remaining goat cheese and serve.
Yields: 2 servings
Estimated time: 20 minutes
Calories: 284.7 | Fat: 8.5 | Fiber .8
WW Points: 6