“Here, try this.”
If I had a dollar for every time I shoved a veggie-loaded fork into The Foodie Groom’s face, I’d… I’d have a whole lot of dollars. I usually get the, “Dude, you could have poked my eye out!” look, followed by a very cautious bite. Win some, lose some. These carrots, surprisingly, fall under “win some.”
I’ve never really eaten cooked carrots myself. When I think of hot carrots, I think of those mushy rounds that come in a can of peas. [Shudder]
These carrots are most definitely not shudder-inducing. My kid and my husband love these “carrot fries.” The carrot strips soften and caramelize a bit in the oven and pair awesomely with the lemony thyme and tangy, crumbly goat cheese.
Thyme Roasted Carrots with Goat Cheese
Tangy goat cheese and lemony thyme pair perfectly with the caramelized carrots.
- 2lbs whole carrots
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel the carrots and cut diagonally into thirds. If the carrots are large, half or quarter the pieces (aiming for uniform so the pieces will cook evenly).
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and the leaves stripped from the thyme sprigs.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Crumble goat cheese over the warm carrots and serve.
Yields: 4-6 servings
Estimated time: 25 minutes