I’ve been tagged several times over the last few of weeks for the 8 Facts About You meme (most recently by Eunice at Lemon Almond). Funny thing is, the first time I was tagged, the meme was only 7 items long. That’s what I get for being so busy!
1. I live for Sundays between September and January – I’m a pro-football junkie. I don’t mean I can name the cutest player from every team (although I can probably do that, too!), I mean I bled Columbia Blue from the time I was born ’til the Oilers ran cowering from the city in the early 90’s (but I’m not bitter). Once, I even smuggled a radio into church and listened to a Sunday night game during the service. Perhaps “That Buffalo Game” was God’s way of punishing me 🙂
2. Well traveled – between the Red, Rio Grande, and Sabine. Other than two trips to Oklahoma to visit my dad’s aunt when we were little, I had never been outside Texas until I visited Miami on a prospective college trip during my senior year of high school. I’d traveled all over the state but never across any of the major rivers to get out. I’ve since added Colorado, Jamaica, Mexico, and the Cayman Islands to that list.
3. I’m freakishly obsessive about always being on time. Always, barring some freak incident or 2-mile long slow-moving train. If dinner is at 7 that means the food will be ready at 7 – and that means it will be cold when you decide to roll in at 8.
4. I’m not above (or below… depends on how you look at it) playing dumb for dramatic effect – I’ve pulled the “Okay, now how does this thing work again?” just seconds before I mercilessly trounced my husband’s friends in Halo 2. I’ve also pulled the “What’s it called when all your cards are the same design?” and made a killing in Texas Hold ‘Em. Suckers 🙂
5. I realize that God blessed Vermont, too, but it just doesn’t sound as cool! I’m proud to have been born in the Great State of Texas and will use every opportunity to tell you so. From the “Don’t Mess With Texas” bumper sticker on the back of the Silverado that I used to own to the Texas Flag I carved in the snow at a ski lodge in Colorado.
6. I think unloading the dishwasher is the worst chore on the earth, just edging out loading the dishwasher.
7. I’m a soaker. Whether it’s a casserole dish coated in baked-on lasagna bits or a cereal bowl and spoon, I’m going to put it in the sink and walk away while it “soaks.”
8. I’m extremely impatient. I’ve resorted to eating a raw cookie-dough ball from the freezer for a snack rather than wait the 20 minutes for the oven to preheat and the cookie to bake.
There you go. 8 things about me. If you haven’t been tagged yet, you should consider yourself tagged now!
I enjoyed that!
I still enjoy the dishwasher, as we haven’t had one long, having such a small kitchen! Although, I don’t know why I ever minded, because Graham does most of the dishwashing in our house. Ithink it is only fair, as I cook!
Loved your answers! I hate unloading the dishwasher, but like you I soak my dishes, makes the job easier!
I found your blog on the foodie blogroll. Im a native Texan as well and proud of it too. hehe My husband jokes and says we’re (Texans) are from our own little country. LOL