This is my favorite way to consume Jif – my favorite way that doesn’t involve just a spoon or my finger.
These cookies don’t advertise but if they did, they’d live up to their name with no problems. I’ve actually made a recipe called “The Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever” and I don’t think those even compare. They’re chewy, moist, peanut buttery, and they’re not grainy like some cookies I’ve tasted. The honey-roasted peanuts folded into the batter at the end puts these cookies over the top.
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft, chewy peanut butter cookies with honey-roasted peanuts.
- 1 stick butter, cubed and room temp
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Cream the butter and peanut butter on medium high for 1 minute.
- Add sugars and beat at med-high for another minute. Add egg, ,and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt on low speed until thoroughly combined. Mix in peanuts (the dough will be quite soft). Chill dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Drop the dough onto a lined baking sheet (whatever method you prefer to keep cookies from sticking is fine). You can use a greased fork to form the traditional criss-cross (I didn't).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown. For a crispier cookie, allow the entire cookie to brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Yields: Depends on size of the cookie, I get 6-7 jumbo cookies
Estimated time: 1 hour