It’s exactly what you’d expect: romaine, parmesan, and croutons are tossed with an out-of-this-world homemade dressing. And then all that is put on top of already-cooked, individual-sized pizza crusts.
I only made a half recipe of the dressing (it makes a lot!) and added some sliced grilled chicken breast and crunchy, completely addicting homemade croutons (recipe below). I’m not so much an anchovy filet person but I keep a tube of anchovy paste in the fridge for such occasions. It adds that extra layer of briny/saltiness to the dressing and the tube keeps forever. As you can see, I opted against serving it on pizza crust so I could save the carbs for dessert. Totally worth it 🙂
Next week, I’ll be on time with a beautiful Tuxedo Cake. I have to be. It’s my week to host 🙂
Crispy, crunchy croutons made from any leftover bread in the house. They're so good, you'll never want to buy them again.
- 2 cups of ~3/4-inch bread cubes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (more, if desired)
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Place bread cubes in a medium bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, cheese, a pinch of salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle oil over bread cubes and toss to evenly distribute (I place a plate over the bowl and shake).
- Turn out onto a foil- or silicon-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Shake the pan or stir bread cubes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat and bake for another 10 minutes. Check a test crouton or two to make sure they're crispy all the way through - bake an extra 5 minutes if needed.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temp.
- Leftovers will keep several days in a zip-top bag.
Yields: 12 servings
Estimated time: 40 minutes