An orange margarita. A Mimosarita? Either way, it’s what happens when you run short on limes and your toddler’s last molar has sucked enough of your will to live to make running to the grocery store seem like being asked to hurdle the Grand Canyon. In a pencil skirt.
But we haven’t been overly dramatic around here lately or anything.
It’s the latest of a long line of flavored margaritas and it’s my duty to warn you, it just might be the smoothest and easiest to drink of all. You simply mix fresh-squeezed orange juice, a little homemade margarita mix, tequila, and orange liqueur.
And it will dull memories of the day’s traumatic hormonal toddler theatrics in half a glass and completely banish them at the bottom of glass #2. Guaranteed.
Fresh orange juice and limes makes the perfect mimosa substitute for tequila fans.
- 6 oz homemade margarita mix
- 6 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- 6 oz silver tequila
- 4 oz orange liqueur (we love Paula's Orange)
- Sugar, for rimming glasses (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or carafe, stirring well.
- Run one of the juiced lime or orange halves around the outside edge of the glasses and then dip in sugar.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour the margarita over top.
Yields: 4 servings
Estimated time: 10 minutes