Two days, two batches. That’s how much my husband liked these muffins.
No, we didn’t eat 6 muffins each for breakfast. There were muffins for breakfast for us and our house guest friends, and perhaps I snagged one for a mid-morning snack. Then there was an after work snack or two and most definitely a midnight snack. And just like that, my husband was out of his new favorite muffins.
Since a muffin-stuffed man is a happy man, I baked another batch. These muffins are super tender and moist. If you’re like me and you’re not a big fan of sweets for breakfast, be sure to have a big glass of cold milk within arms reach.
Brown Sugar-Raspberry Muffins
Moist all brown sugar muffins studded with fresh raspberries.
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 rounded cups raspberries
- Course sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400F. Put liners in muffin cups or lightly spray with non-stick baking spray.
- On medium-low, mix together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add to milk mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in raspberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups - it's two scoops of a #20 scoop per muffin cup, if you're a scooper like me. Sprinkle tops with course sugar (if using) and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Yields: 12 muffins
Estimated time: 45 minutes