It’s the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways! On the 9th day of Christmas, there were vanilla beans.
I haven’t bought vanilla extract in years. I can make a 750ml bottle of my own with about a quarter of an order of vanilla beans. The rest? Split, scrape, add to batter/ice cream custard/cookies, repeat. Every dessert tastes better with those pretty little flecks of vanilla beans.
To enter the giveaway, simply answer the following question in the comments below: What dessert are you serving/looking forward to eating with your big Christmas/holiday meal?
Update: The random generator thingy has spoken: Jen L with comment #611 is the winner! Please check your email for instructions on claiming your prize. The elves are waiting!
I absolutely love Mince pie! It gets the weirdest looks, mostly because it’s traditionally known as mincemeat pie – and nobody wants to touch a dessert with “meat” in the title so I typically have at least a couple of slices leftover. But really, there’s no meat.
You can earn up to 4 extra entries by:
– Tweet about the giveaway (it’s easy, just click here!) and leave the link to your Tweet in the comments.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you like us on Facebook.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow the blog’s Instagram feed.
– Leaving a separate comment below that you follow my mad recipe pinning and house projects that I wish I could pay someone to do for me on Pinterest.
(Extra entries can only be counted if left as a separate comment – your comment # is your entry.)
The fine print:
– Maximum of five (5) entries per person.
– Giveaway ends at 12:01am (Texas time!) on December 13th.
– Winner will be selected by one of those cold, soulless, unfeeling random number generator thingies and announced on this post after selected.
– Winner will receive a 1/2 lb of vanilla beans (maximum retail value of prize = $25).
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited.
– Winning “extra entry” comments can be subject to verification.
– Prize can only be shipped to a US address.
– All prizes are provided by Confections of a Foodie Bride, unless stated otherwise.
– Official giveaway rules can be found here.