A couple of slices of leftover brisket? Leftover pico de gallo? Half an avocado? Eggs?
Congratulations – you’ve got all the fixins necessary for a breakfast taco worthy of celebrating Texas Independence Day today!
And perfectly enough, this weekend is totally Frito Pie weather here in southeast Texas. Although it’s almost never not the perfect weather for Frito Pie… or the day-after Frito Pie Burger.
Happy Independence Day, indeed.
Brisket Breakfast Tacos
Turn leftover brisket into breakfast tacos.
- For the pico de gallo:
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- For each taco:
- Flour tortilla
- Scrambled egg
- 1-2 slices of brisket
- Cubed avocado
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Stir the ingredients for the pico de gallo together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Warm the tortillas and brisket in the microwave until hot.
- Top your tortilla with a scoop of scrambled eggs, brisket, avocado, and a dash or two of hot sauce.
- Serve hot.
- They also freeze well - wrap in plastic wrap without the avocado and pico; reheat in the microwave and then top with avocado and pico.
Yields: Servings vary
Estimated time: 10 minutes
I think I need to revamp my menu plans so I can get some tex-mex in my life to celebrate! You’ve got me in the mood for it.
That taco looks yum, indeed! I may have to hunt down a brisket. Apparently it is not very popular in my neck of the woods, the mother in law has been looking one for weeks! Avocado makes everything better.
This looks delicious! I love an excuse to have tacos for breakfast 🙂
yum. looks like an amped up Rudy’s taco!
Holy cow this is genius. I love it!
I haven’t been able to get that Eggs Benedict con Queso out of my mind all week, and now you come along with this tasty breakfast idea? I need to give our breakfasts a make-over (and eat more queso).
I despise breakfast foods, but I love a good breakfast taco. These look amazing!
What a perfect way to use up leftover brisket!
I just happen to have brisket leftover from your brisket and brie tacos. I didn’t know what I wanted to do with it, but now I do!
YUM! These look terrific!