It’s here! It’s here! The most wonderful tiiiiiiime of the year!
Which I’d normally tell you was right behind opening day of the NFL season and the day when $5/15lb bags of Rio Star grapefruit reappear in my grocery store. But since the latter happened this week and we celebrated appropriately – move over, football!
So here’s “Scary Elsa” to introduce the first of our 2014 holiday giveaways, dedicated to The Picture Taker: a Photography subscription on the Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes the latest releases of Lightroom and Photoshop.
In the 8+ years (!) that I’ve been flooding the internet with pictures of my desserts and dinners, I’ve tried out different photo editing software. My workflow has changed over the years, even since I wrote the last “How I Edit” column, but what hasn’t changed: I have yet to find anything as user-friendly and compact as Lightroom
2 3 5.
Lightroom is the ultimate photography assistant. I can cook up a fantabulous pumpkin butter bundt cake, I can style a pretty decent shot, and I can take a pretty darn good photo. But what I need help doing? Breathing the life and vibrancy and detail back into the output file so that it looks to you exactly how it looked to me . Sitting in my living room floor.
Right before I ate a slice of it for breakfast.
We have paired up with the fine folks at Adobe to bring one of you guys a year-long subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan, with which you’ll be able to use Lightroom 5 (and 6, when it is released next spring!) as well as Photoshop CC to edit and create your own delicious masterpieces.
To enter the giveaway, simply answer the following question in the comments below: What is your very favorite animated Christmas program to watch during the holidays?
Mine is “Year Without a Santa Claus” and I am solidly on #TeamSnowMiser.
Update: Congratulations to Tara with comment #40!
The fine print:
– Maximum of one (1) entry per person.
– Giveaway ends at midnight (Texas time, y’all) on Friday, November 28.
– Winner will be selected by one of those cold, soulless, unfeeling random number generator thingies and announced on this post.
– Winners will receive a 1-Year Photography Subscription from Adobe (value ~$125).
– This prize in this giveaway is supplied direct by Adobe.
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited.
– Official giveaway rules can be found here.