It’s not a low-rung college football game… but rest assured, if I ever stumble onto an orchard of money trees, I shall make it happen.
This can present problems but I’ve found that the quickest solution to most of those problems is also the simplest: Just put it over a bowl of zucchini noodles.
So instead of eating the BLT in sandwich-form (which, by the way, got seriously rave reviews), this is how I approached it, Whole30 style:
Salmon & Avocado BLT Zoodles
It's a Whole30-friendly BLT in a bowl: seared salmon, avocado, and bacon over zucchini noodles.
- 2 slices thick bacon
- 2 3-4oz salmon filets, skin removed
- 2 medium-large zucchini, cut into spirals (I have this tool)
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small handfuls of salad greens
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- Avocado slices
- Chopped chives
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, crisp the bacon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving behind as much bacon dripping as possible.
- Salt and pepper the salmon and sear, covered, for 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the bacon.
- Discard the renderings and wipe the pan clean.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat and stir in the garlic.
- Season the zucchini with salt and pepper and add to the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Divide the zoodles between two bowls.
- Layer the remaining ingredients on top: a small handful of salad greens, sliced tomatoes, avocado, a slice of bacon, the salmon, and garnish with the chives.
- Serve immediately.
Yields: 2 servings
Estimated time: 30 minutes