Tortellini soup is one of our go-to quickie weeknight dinners. It takes about 15 minutes from the time I crack open the fridge with that puzzled, “what can I make” look on my face to setting bowls on the table. And now that my dishwasher is broken, any meal I can make that doesn’t leave a crusty fried-on, baked-on, burned-on mess is a plus!
Quick Chicken Tortellini Soup
A quick, simple dinner perfect for a weeknight.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 9oz package of fresh chicken and cheese tortellini
- 2 cups baby arugula and spinach*
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- Parmesan shavings, for serving
*Half a bag of frozen peas is an excellent substitute.
- Heat chicken broth over medium-high heat.
- Add tortellini to the hot broth. Cook until heated through (see package directions).
- Divide greens between 4 bowls.
- Ladle soup over the greens and top with chopped tomato and Parmesan.
Yields: 4 servings
Estimated time: 15 minutes
Looks awesome- I love tortellini soup, and it’s the ONLY thing my bf makes- of course for him it’s boiling broth and adding frozen tortelli!
Great soup for chilly evenings! Looks delicious! Happy new year!
This looks delicious! Perfect for a chilly evening! 🙂
this look sooooo good! something i’d always be in the mood for
oooh looks delicious! i’ve had tomato tortellini soup before, this looks like a great variation.
This is going to be perfect for my husband-less weekend! Thanks!