Tacos are the new sandwich. Have a random assortment of leftovers to depressing to put on a plate? Wrap them up in a tortilla and call it lunch. That’s what I do nearly every weekday.
We have taco night once a week. Sometimes twice. It’s our go-to quick dinner when I don’t feel like cooking. Meat, cheese, salsa, and a tortilla. It’s the perfect pairing of smokey, grilled meat and cold, fresh avocado. Soft tortillas and crisp, fresh salsa. Chicken. Pulled pork. Shrimp. Barbecued beef. It usually takes a long while to circle back and hit a repeat!
Grilled sirloin is usually one of our top choices for steak tacos. It’s flavorful and it cooks quickly on the grill. We hit it with a hefty dose of black pepper, grill it, and then hit it with a hefty dose of lime juice. I should really try to not feel like cooking more often 🙂
Grilled Steak Tacos
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil, for oiling grates
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 8 oz shredded monterrey jack or taco cheese
- Fresh salsa (optional, for serving)
- Sour cream (optional, for serving)
- Smashed avocado (optional, for serving)
- 12 small flour tortillas
- Heat grill to high. Oil grates with vegetable oil.
- Liberally season both sides of the steak with pepper.
- Cook steaks 4 minutes on each side. Salt after removing from grill.
- Let steak rest 10 minutes and then slice thinly. Toss with lime juice.
- Serve on warmed flour tortillas with cheese, avocado, salsa, and sour cream.
Yields: 6 servings
Estimated time: 15 minutes
This post was sponsored by Sargento Cheese. Confections of a Foodie Bride has partnered with Sargento to share recipes highlighting their cheeses. I was compensated for the ingredients used and my time. As always, all opinions are expressed are mine.