Sometimes you just want something a little different. And sometimes you don’t, but you keep such terrible inventory of your pantry that you’re left with no choice. Everyone wants something chocolate to munch on at 11pm. But no one wants to run to the store at 11pm for chocolate.
So we took our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and swapped the chocolate chips for chopped peanut butter cups. Same fantastically chewy cookie, but with the added goodness of peanut butter cups. Chocolate and peanut butter really do make everything better!
Chewy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Thick and chewy cookies studded with chopped peanut butter cups.
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz package mini peanut butter cups, unwrapped and rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 325. Line two baking sheets with parchment or a silicon mat.
- Place butter and sugars in a mixer bowl, mix on medium high until well-combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low just until combined. Add peanut butter cups until distributed.
- Chill dough 15 minutes. Scoop 1/4-cup dough balls onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12-16 minutes, until the edges brown and the center is still soft.
- Let cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Yields: 18 cookies
Estimated time: 40 minutes
I totally agree- add chocolate and peanut butter to anything and it takes it to another level:-)
This is too evil, but though i don’t have that sweet tooth, I know lots around me who do!:)
I couldn’t agree more, chocolate and PB could fix anything!
I am always looking for new cookie recipes and I love peanut butter and chocolate. Yum yum!
Love those mini Reese’s cups! What a great idea to put them in a cookie! Sounds delicious!
Excellent. These look like the prime tool to use in my quest to become Favorite Mom on the Block.
Mmm peanut butter/pb cups are my favorite. These cookies would be very dangerous if on hand at my house.
I’m fairly certain I would rather have these cookies than a straight bar of chocolate! Nothing makes me happy than peanut butter cups. Nothing.
They look so good!!!!!!!
i have to try them someday! Great picture! 🙂
Sounds so yummy! I know everyone in my house would love these!
This look SO delicious! Oh Reese’s PB cups, you never let us down.
mmmmm! these cookies would last .2 seconds in my house! hahaha 🙂
That is truly genius! The cookies look awesome 🙂
So there is this place in San Francisco, Specialties, they have the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. If is soft and chewy, just the right mix of sweet and salty. I am obsessed with recreating the recipe, thus far I have made some good PBCC cookies but I have not been able to recreate their cookie.
I am going to have to try your CC with PB cups cookie, it looks good.